Honda Shadow VLX Rear Turn Signal Move
When installing hard bags on the VLX, the rear turn signals have to be moved back. If you get the Five Stars rack, the kit comes with mounting brackets.
Since I was customizing Givi tubular racks, I bought Scott's bracket which moves the turn signals to the license plate mount. Very nice. Cost is $25 including shipping.
You can email Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org There is some info about the bracket at ShadowParts.
I have moved the helmet lock from it's position on the left side. It will attach to the top of the Givi tubular rack so that I can use the hard cases and the helmet lock.
Topics covered by these photos:
* Removing the seat
* Making the seat easier to remove/install
* Removing the rear fender
* What the rear fender looks like off the bike
* Removing the old style Honda (Hondaline) sissy bar
* Removing the rear turn signals
* Rear wiring
* Removing the helmet lock
* Mounting the rear turn signals further back to clear hard bags or saddle bags
Click any image for a larger view.
Cardboard to sit on is way better than grass and gravel. Tools in a bin, and I throw parts in the same bin or into some other container.